DIY Move vs. Hiring Professionals: What’s The Best Way To Move?
Pros & Cons: Moving By Yourself & Hiring a Moving Company
Moving to a new home is a complicated task, requiring many steps to get it all done without mishap. And that doesn’t include all the work that initiates most moves, such as getting a new job, buying a home, or relocating to be near your family. With so much to plan, one critical question will have to be answered early in the moving process: will I hire professional movers or take care of it myself?
There are advantages and disadvantages to both options, so you’ll want to consider all of the factors before making a decision about whether to hire Avondale movers or DIY it.
What are the advantages of moving yourself?
- Affordability: Many people choose to move themselves because they want to keep their move as economical as possible. When you DIY your move, your only significant expenses are packing materials and a rental truck.
- Make your own schedule: You get to decide the best day for your move without having to work around the schedule of an Ahwatukee Moving Company.
- You’re in charge: Since you are calling the shots, you have control over how everything is handled, how the truck is packed, and exactly what time of day the move is going to happen. You get all the responsibility of making decisions about how to protect your belongings in transport and getting everything done.
- No scams: Most moving companies are reliable, but some try to scam people out of their money. By moving yourself, you completely avoid that possibility.
There are also some negatives of moving yourself:
- It’s a lot of work: The reason that many people hire a Carefree affordable moving company is because moving all of your possessions is simply a lot of work. Beyond actually hauling them out of your old house and into your new home, you also have tons of prep work getting everything into boxes, and then getting everything re-arranged afterward.
- Moving is physically demanding: Lifting and carrying boxes, heavy furniture, and appliances can be back-breaking. Even with the help of some strong friends, you’re still at risk of injury. Some people may be physically unable to do the work of moving themselves.
- Lack of experience: Many people don’t realize there are procedures for moving heavy boxes, protecting furniture, and driving a truck. These procedures prevent damage to furniture, help people avoid injury, and keep possessions safe while in the moving truck. Inexperience puts yourself and others at risk.
- It’s time consuming: Not knowing how to move efficiently means your move could take a lot more time and frustration than you expect. You may need to take off extra time from work or take up more of your friends’ time than you anticipated.
Hiring Movers: Pros and Cons
There are many advantages to hiring a Cave Creek affordable moving company.
- Save yourself time to focus on other tasks: With professional movers loading, transporting, unloading, and sometimes even packing your belongings, you’ll have the time you need to focus on everything else demanding your attention, such as your children, pets, getting utilities set up, changing your mailing address, and getting ready for your new job or school.
- You have less responsibility: It can be a relief to give responsibility to someone else so you can be freed from the anxiety of overseeing everything.
- No heavy lifting involved: Professional movers know how to lift heavy items in ways that prevent injury or damage. Knowing your items will arrive in good condition makes you move much less stressful.
- Movers are experienced: As trained professionals, movers know how to wrap your furniture to keep it protected, how to protect your home’s walls and floors, and how to position your possessions on the truck. They also have the skills to drive a loaded moving truck without mishap.
Like anything, there are some cons to hiring a moving company:
- Movers may be too expensive: Although many moving companies are very affordable, your budget may be just too tight.
- You’ll have to trust them: Some people find it difficult to leave their valuables and personal items in the hands of strangers. If you’d rather take responsibility for everything, hiring movers may not be the right choice for you.
- You have to work around their schedule: If your schedule is very tight, you may have difficulty finding a moving company who can accommodate your needs. Or if an emergency prevents you from moving the day you originally planned, you may be charged a cancellation fee.
So What Should I Do?
There’s no one right answer for every situation as to whether it’s better to move yourself or hire a Gilbert moving company. Your personality, needs, and moving specifics are all part of the decision. If you are moving a long distance, have children, have a lot of belongings, or are starting a new job, a DIY move becomes more challenging. But if you are single, on a budget, don’t own very much stuff, or don’t have a lot of furniture to move, a DIY move might be a better option.
Consider your circumstances and what is most important to you – safety, scheduling, ease, and budget – as you decide whether a DIY move or a professional moving company is right for you.
Top Rated Moving Company in Gilbert
A to Z Valleywide Movers is your top choice for professional moving services in Gilbert. Our friendly and experienced movers provide a full range of services to keep your moving day easy! Our team will get the job done right and will not rest until you are happy! Get a free quote on your move by visiting our website.