Types of Boxes You Can Utilize For Your Move
Getting ready to move can feel a bit like starting to run a marathon without any prior training. One of the first steps is to pack your belongings. It is likely you will need a variety of different types of boxes, depending on items getting packed and if they will be in temporary storage or not. Being aware of the types of boxes available for local moves in Gilbert and the benefits of each can make a big difference in how your approach the packing process. Here is a bit about the various types of moving boxes and why you may want to consider utilizing each for your situation.
What are the Different Sizes of Moving Boxes?
While it may come as a surprise, there are actually quite a few different types of moving boxes utilized by Gilbert movers. Before delving into the varieties, we will cover the three main sizes: large, medium, and small.
- Large Boxes – These typically measure 18-24 inches and are used for awkwardly shaped or bulky items. This includes blankets, stuffed animals, pillows, linens, and more. While at first thought, large boxes may seem to be the best option because you will need the fewest of them, they can quickly become too heavy for your Scottsdale local movers to carry when full. It is best to stick to the larger, bulkier items such as linens when utilizing large boxes.
- Medium Boxes – These measure approximately 14-18 inches and are your basic, everyday box typically seen during Gilbert long distance moves. Medium sized boxes are extremely versatile for all types of belongings.
- Small Boxes – Small boxes typically measure about 12-14 inches and are ideal for heavier items such as books, dishes, small appliances, and kitchen items.
What are the Specialty Boxes?
Not only are there a variety of sizes for moving boxes, there are surprisingly quite a few specialty boxes available. These are made specifically for certain items. These include:
- Wardrobe Boxes – These are quite tall and have a specialized interior texture that allows your clothes to be hung inside and transported without damage or wrinkles. Because wardrobe boxes are so big and can be quite heavy once the clothes are inside, you will need to have assistance with moving them. However, they are 100% worth the extra work because once you arrive at your new home, you can simply transfer the hanging clothes from the box to your new closet and voila! Clothes are unpacked and ready to wear.
- Dish Boxes – Dish boxes are made of sturdy cardboard and manufactured with one purpose in mind: to withstand the weight of heavy dishes. They typically have cardboard separators inside to keep dishes from banging into each other and breaking or chipping during transport.
- Picture Boxes – This type of moving box features heavy-duty cardboard to protect the pictures inside. They come in a wide variety of size options so that you can find the perfect fit for your fragile pictures and artwork.
Which Types of Boxes are Best?
The answer to this question is entirely up to you! Every home and homeowner is different, and the belongings you have will reflect that. Many Scottsdale moving companies recommend following the general rule of thumb that states for each room in your home, you will need 8 small, 5 medium, and 3 large boxes. While this is a good starting point, it will vary greatly from person to person, and entirely depends on the types of belongings you have and how many.
A to Z
Having the right boxes for your belongings will make your moving process go smoothly. While no move is entirely perfect, the team at A to Z Valleywide Moving will do everything within their power to make your relocation process successful and stress-free. We proudly offer extensive moving services to Gilbert and the surrounding areas at affordable prices, and carry a strong history of excellent ratings and reviews from previous clients. No matter your moving situation, our team can be trusted to get the job done in a quality manner. Call us today at (602) 422-6409 to learn more about our services!