What Your Movers Consider When They Give You An Estimate
Moving is stressful, whether a local move or a long-distance relocation, but hiring professional Gilbert movers can make the process much smoother and simpler than attempting it by yourself. Unfortunately, hiring those movers can jack up the expense of moving quite a bit, especially if you need a full-service Gilbert moving company that packs and unpacks your belongings for you. It is important to get an estimate before signing any contract with a moving company, and be sure you are aware of everything that is included in that estimate.
What Is It?
Before considering what is included in a moving estimate, it is important to know the distinction between the two main types. These types are:
- Binding Estimate – A binding estimate basically means that once you sign a contract with your affordable moving company in Phoenix, the price agreed upon is set in stone. They cannot change it, and neither can you. The only way the price could change is if you add items to the master inventory list, or hit them with any surprises on moving day.
- Non-Binding Estimate – You will receive this type of estimate after a quick consultation. It is exactly that – a simple estimate. It is their best guess as to what they think your move will cost, but the details have not been discussed so it is subject to fluctuation. A non-binding estimate is usually how you decide which Mesa local movers you will hire for your moving day, and is a good starting point for the rest of your planning.
What Is Included?
Now that you can distinguish between the two main types of moving estimates, it is important to know what is included. In a nutshell, the estimate from your long distance movers is their best guess as to how much it will cost to get your belongings from Point A to Point B. Many different factors go into this consideration, including:
- The Size of Your Home – Your estimate will include the square footage of your home, number of bedrooms, and overall number of rooms.
- Furniture – The movers will consider the amount of furniture to be moved, its size and shape, and if any of it will need to be taken apart to get it in/out of your home.
- Total Weight – The estimate will include the total weight of all the items being moved.
- Moving Distance – One of the biggest factors involved in a moving estimate is the distance between your old home and your new one. A long-distance, cross-country move will definitely cost quite a bit more than a local move.
- Level of Your Home – A home with multiple floors, several flights of stairs, or old narrow doorways will cost more than a simple, open-style ranch home. The more difficult your house, the higher your estimate will be.
- Time of Year – Summer is a much more popular time to move than winter, but it can also drive up your estimate. Professional movers are in high demand during the warmer months, so their cost goes up.
- Anything Extra – If you have custom requests such as moving a piano or something heavy, packing services, or anything extra, your estimate will be higher.
Moving can be stressful, and even more so when you receive an estimate well above your expectations. Be sure you know what goes into a moving estimate, and do not sign any contracts until you are fully comfortable with the details. For assistance with moving estimates, contact A to Z Valleywide Movers right away. Whether you are facing a local or cross-country relocation, we have the resources and knowledge to get all your belongings safely from one place to the next. With full-service help, including packing and unpacking, A to Z Valleywide Movers can be trusted to get the job done right, both efficiently and affordably. Don’t be intimidated by moving, call us today at (602) 422-6409 today!
A to Z Valleywide Movers – Michael Rodriguez
2316 E. Rawhide St.
Gilbert, AZ 85296